
For the next twelve days I thought it would be fun to read the lyrics to "The Twelve Days of Christmas" day by day. Of course if I just write it it would turn out to be boring but I'm adding pictures of the Muppets because if you didn't know already the Muppets version of this song is the best. Know I'm starting a day early because I don't know if I would remember to do it on Christmas day. To add a little flavor to this I found a web site that said the lyrics to the song have a double, biblical meaning. Some say it true, some say it's false, but I found it interesting to read as I hope you do to. Enjoy!
"On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me: A partridge in a pear tree."
It is said the "true love" means God, and "the partridge in a pear tree" means Jesus Christ.
Side note: In the Muppets version of the song John Denver sings the first day of Christmas but I didn't feel like finding a picture of just him, so I found one with him and the Muppets. From now on, it's Muppets.

No comments:
Post a Comment